Prev: Re: [SG2] large big arse games of SG2 Next: Re:[SG2] large games (batallion level and up)

RE: [SG2] large big arse games of SG2

From: "Owen Glover" <oglover@b...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 19:25:05 +1100
Subject: RE: [SG2] large big arse games of SG2

About 2 years ago(??!!) Los made a suggestion for playing a multi-table
game. Well, at our clubs Open Day last year (May 1999) Rob Deakin, Simon
Leray-Meyer and myself decided to run a large game like that as part of
our
GZG campaign we were playing. Turned out to be a fantastic day!

The attackers (Two Platoons of MBTs and 3 Coys of mech inf plus recon
and
off table arty support) was given three possible approaches to the
defenders
main defence position. Defender was a reinforced inf coy.

We played three simultaneous games; one for each of the approaches and
the
attacker and defender both had to allocate resources to each table. The
defender was limited to what he could place out to avoid a loss of all
forces in first games. The resulting win/loss/amount of delay imposed at
each table dictated how much intel the attacker received on the
defenders
main position and how much additional preparation the defender could
have.

In the afternoon it was a large game utilising all forces leftover from
the
combats in the three approach games. Forces could be moved from one
approach
to another by the attacker before the final assualt on the main position
but
this resulted in delays on arrival on the board.

It was a lot of fun and imposed additional fog-of-war on both sides. And
it
wasn't that hard to co-ordinate!

We had something like 10 players and one referee for the days play.

Who's next???

Owen