Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry Next: SV: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry

Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

From: "Peter Mancini" <peter_mancini@m...>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2000 12:44:24 EST
Subject: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry

>From: agoodall@canada.com
>Hmmm...I don't knowIf you're going to let infantry get within 100 to
400
>metres of your class 5 behemoth with a buzz bomb, I'd say you're asking
for
>trouble.

I'll second that motion.  The fact is, the armor isn't perfect.
Important
things stick out of a tank like weapons, sensors, treads, and the
commander's torso when not buttoned up!  These things are prone to not
like
HEAT rounds. Weapons break off or barrels deflect, sensors fail or
shutters
get welded shut and the poor commander gets blown to hell and gone.

There is a straight to video movie from Finland called "The Winter War"
which I very highly recommend to everyone on the list.	In that movie
they
show how a big scary tank can be taken out by close assaulting infantry.

--Peter

Get more from your time online.  FREE MSN Explorer download :
http://explorer.msn.com

Prev: Re: SG2 vehicles vs infantry Next: SV: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry