Prev: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry Next: Re: [FMA] FAQ

Dollar Store Treasures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 19:11:06 -0500
Subject: Dollar Store Treasures

The local Dollar Express store now has a load of Star Wars micromachines
sets, and even a single Aliens set.  They don't have a huge selection,
but
it's a pretty good assortment.	Lots of the basic Star Wars vehicle
packs,
all three of the Dark Forces packs, and the Aliens set that includes the
Nostromo, the Narcissus, an Alien, and some poor guy who's just met a
facehugger.  Of the three Alien sets, this is the least appealing to
me...but the Nostromo should make a half decent 1/300 scale merchant
ship.
I also picked up the Star Wars set with the Mon Calamari cruiser and
Cloud
City in it -- the makings of a space station or two.

They didn't have many of the figure sets -- one set of Stormtroopers,
one
set of Hoth Rebels, and many many packs of Imperial officers.  I'm going
check out another local Dollar Express, and see if their selection is
any
different.

I also found a building set which, after a bit of judicious destruction,
was able to turn into a pretty decent 28mm scaled ruined building.

http://www.geocities.com/johnxcrim/GalleryMisc.html  -- at the bottom of
the page, after I added a base and painted it up.

And lastly, I picked up a $5.00 laser pointer at a nearbygrocery
store...perfect for determining LOS on those crowded gaming boards.

Ahhh...the joys of gaming on a budget!

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: [SG2] vehicle weapons vs. infantry Next: Re: [FMA] FAQ