Prev: Pictures of OU power armour available yet? Next: [SG2] WW2 Conversion!

Thanks! re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas?

From: devans@u...
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 10:05:33 -0600
Subject: Thanks! re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas?

Thanks for getting me started; keep it coming. I'm not really a DSII
player, but I've a friend that likes it, just having trouble getting
much
play. I think bugs might be just the thing. And I know I'd be more
interested in playing the tie-in.

David:
***
i'm going from memory until i can find my notes at home.

since the bugs are organic, i've tried the growth-stage idea.  try a
tanker:
***

Is this SG or DS? Anyway, if I try modeling several stages with several
toys, it'd have to be SG. But ALL suggestions are appreciated!

Beth:
***
Without seeing the figs (or much of the show unfortunately) a first cut
might look something like:
***

Have you seen the movie? In both the movie and the TV show, there's some
slippage of scale between scenes, but the tanker in the movie's as big
as a
house, and the plasma boys look at least 3-5 stories high with their
bu**s
in the air, if you accept perspective.

The bugs in the TV show look a triffle smaller to me, but still BIG. I
may
have to go with oversize. (Just took a look at the DSII book. See? It's
got
me looking again. ;->= )

Charles:
***
Actually near-orbital (movie _and_ tv), low ballistic (tv), and
anti-aircraft (tv).
Its even worse than that, they went and put plasma bugs on transports
for use as anti-ship weaponry :-)
***

I've suddenly realized my 'problem'. I'm used to DF as short range, and
ballistic as long range. It's the part that the packages can be pushed
orbit, or casually, AND accurately, lobbed short of the horizon that
gets
me. AA and AS(spaceship) and even 'ship's guns' are at least all DF with
varying ranges only.

Sure, the PSB would be easy. Just doesn't feel right to me. I'll get
over
it. ;->=

Thanks ALL!

The_Beast

Prev: Pictures of OU power armour available yet? Next: [SG2] WW2 Conversion!