Prev: Re: (whoops, and Aliens FMA) Next: RE: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

Re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

From: devans@u...
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 22:32:38 -0600
Subject: Re: [DSII] Anyone SST bug stats for Tankers and Plasmas? (whoops, and Aliens FMA)

***
How about some of the menagerie of bugs designed for the TV show -
tougher (ie. grenade-proof) tank bugs, 'rippler' airbourne bugs, with
ranged attacks, 'blister' acid-shooting bugs, 'blaster' fire-thrower
bugs, and the infamous puppet-master derived 'control' bugs (see the
thread 'New Pod Armanents' for a Full Thrust application of 'control'
bugs :-).
>From the show I'd say that plasma bugs could be used as artillery.
***

Well, the first two are actually in the movie; a hole in the tanker's
armor
was necessary to use the grenade. You're right about the rippler's
'darts'
being new, but look so short range to me, as to be almost hth.

Plasma's 'artillery' didn't seem available at short range, but I would
have
given them slow-to-aim-and-fire possibilities.The baby seemed willing to
play close and personal in the TV series.

I just have a personal problem with a weapon that's near-orbital(movie)
AND
low ballistic(TV).

***
Of course, getting figures for some of these may be a little difficult
:-) - though you could modify 'movie' SST 'hoppers' into 'TV' SST
'ripplers' I guess. Large(ish) toy spiders could be re-worked to become
'blister' and 'blaster' bugs (they look very similar).
***

Not for DSII, which is what I was asking for. Now, I think I can get by
with plastic ants, with their heads and butts clipped, as movie
warriors.
They DID tower over the MI, while the TV versions seem a more than a bit
smaller.

The 'blister's look like modified, and shrunk, tankers to my myopic
eyes,
and again, would be difficult to model in DSII, though there are some
beetles that might work.

Course, what I really said: Anyone with (ideas for working) stats.

***
Basically used the Broad game for Alien deployment.
***

Keeping obvious jokes on the typo to myself, THANKS MICHAEL! Now, if I
can
just find my copy of the FMA rules. Oh, by adjacent for acid splash, did
you have base-to-base or 'range'?

***
"Is This Just Another Bug Hunt"
***

Oh, sure, another version for me to weigh. ;->= I suppose you're
grinning,
knowing I recently found my Sniper: Bug Hunt, too.

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler