Prev: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering Next: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

From: "Joseph Arnold" <jdarnold@s...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 20:50:00 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS] Minefield clearing pondering

My comments between tildes.
~~~~~
Like this.
~~~~~
> ***
> Can we say "Electro-Magnetic Pulse?"
> ***
>
> Don't you know that all logic in the future will be fluid? ;->= Ok,
you CAN
> harden against EMP also, but I don't think it's easy on bouncing
betty's.
> However, that's only one 'ecm' available. U(ltra)S(ound)P and simple
radio
> jamming are possibilities.
~~~~~
EMP hardening is too heavy, too hard and too expensive to put on
something
that has to be light, relatively simple and cheap.
~~~~~
> As for the self-painting targets, don't forget the commo could be
> uni-directional. That would tend to help somewhat.
> Also since the signals would at most have to go about 20 meters, the
signal
> strength could be so low as to be semi safe. Just a thought.
> ***
>
> These babies are in a swarm, moving back and forth to keep a certain
> density. I'm assuming the air is going to be humming as you approach.
~~~~~
Keep in mind, it may be humming, but it will be low, barely audible hum.
Kinda like a bunch of gamers grumbling about the technicalities of
things
they do not necessarily understand...	 ;P
~~~~~