Prev: Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc. Next: Re: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)

SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

From: "shogakusha" <shogakusha@g...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 23:13:03 -0600
Subject: SG2 questions, mostly shooting from vehicles

Ok, thank you for those who replied to my previous questions, they
helped me
to refine them to be more specific. A heavy weapon mounted on a vehicle
uses
a firecon to shooting and has long range bands to show increased
stability
and ability to engage the enemy over longer ranges, what about non heavy
weapons mounted on vehicles? Isn't a saw on a solid pintel mount more
stable
and accurate than one carried by infantry? If I put it in a turret, does
it
use the vehicle quality die to fire or a firecon? Does it get the larger
range bands? If you give it the larger range bands should the pintel
mounted
version have to use a firecon of open sites(d4) and also get the larger
range bands, or should it use quality and the larger range bands, or
firecon
and regular range bands, or quality and regular range bands? Assuming
that a
RFAC is really rapid fire, why would it have a d8 vs dispersed, same for
the
GAC? Why wouldn't a HVC load anti infantry rounds? Why would a MDC be a
bad
anti infantry weapon? If the shell is of any size at all, the kinetic
energy
released upon impact of the ground near an infantry squad is going to be
big
enough to blow them so far in the afterlife they'd just be scratching
their
asses and wondering what happened. The only weapons I can see not being
effective against infantry are 1. the HKP, not enough kinetic energy
released on impact, wussy gun compared to the MDC. 2. GMS, it's an anti
armor weapon, maybe a laser designator could allow it to be more
effective
against infantry, but I can see why it wouldn't very good for it. 3.
HEL,
not really, because it's mentioned in the rules as having a low
intensity
sweep mode for infantry, but if they hadn't specifically mentioned this
would have decided that they were pretty much penetrative only, I still
envision military lasers as being fire in such short bursts as to be
almost
imperceptible, just a loud crack as the air rushes to fill the vacume
that
it leaves behind, the whole visible beam for three second thing never
mad
much sense to me, but hey, whatever. The only one I'm not too sure about
is
the DFFG, is it a penetrative weapon, or an explosive weapon, or what? I
kind of picture it as a glowing white core of plasma with an aura of
waste
plasma around it as it burns up the atmosphere it's moving through and
the
impact of being an almost liquid splat followed by a flash as metal,
plastic, what ever is converted to heat and lots of it. If this is
anything
like what it is, then a hit near infantry would produce a rather sizable
incendiary type effect.

shogakusha

Prev: Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc. Next: Re: New Pod armaments (Boarding Pods)