Prev: Re: Flea markets, Con auctions and swap-and-sell Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old game Next: Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 21:48:56 EST
Subject: Re: [OT] Selling Figs, old games stuff, etc.

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:02:44 -0500 "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
writes:
>Hi All
>
>This is an opinion question: What's the best method to sell old games
>and
>figs? I have things like
>1) a whole company of GW Blood Angels marines, painted, with scouts
>and
>terminators (about 100 or so)

Yawn, Oh sorry...

>2) a pile of old AD&D and other games stuff (too numerous to list in
>any
>reasonable time)

Sigh.  Trying to sell these off myself...

>3) Some other games I never play anymore (Microarmour, etc).
>etc.

Microarmour?!?!  Want any 25mm historicals in trade?

>I might want to dispose of some of the least used stuff with the idea
>that
>it is senseless to have stuff in scales you don't play (28mm) and for
>games
>you don't play much when you could have more stuff in the games you do
>play
>and in the scales you do use.

SSSH!  We heretics that believe 'that' can be pummeled with bits of lead
until we beg to recant if the  'can't have enough lead' fanatics find
out...

>I have considered:
>1) posts to the list (but it might be commercial and therefore
>inappropos)
>2) posts at a local hobby store

Fair, limited exposure but you and/or buyers can ensure each is on the
'up and up' as a trader fairly easily...

>3) posts on the web (ie put up some pics and a list and see what
>happens)

deja.com has a rec.games.miniatures.misc and r.g.m.warhammer(?) plus
r.g.m.historical lists.  Plus a r.g.boardgames(?).marketplace?

E-groups.com has several lists you could check out.
>4) on-line actions like E-bay (but I'm ignorant of how this works or
>how
>successful it might be)

I used to bid on stuff but when the final buyers were buying at 200% of
original retail
>Some of you have undoubtedly done this. Please share with me your
>secrets,
>advice, warnings, etc.

It's just like off line selling, only chopped up in bits of conversation
via e-mail.  And the usual rik of misunderstanding without facial
expessions/gestures as in real conversation - or tone as in telephone
conversations.

You forgot:

4) Convention Flea markets!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!