Prev: Re: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead Next: [GZG WCC] Quotes now on-line!

Re: Re: New Pod armaments

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <s_schoon@p...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 19:49:38 -0800
Subject: Re: Re: New Pod armaments

>How about if you have a chance to evade the pod?  Smaller, faster ships
>would have a better chance to avoid being hit.  A boarding pod couldn't
>sweep (like a beam), explode or maneuver as radically as an unmanned
>missile, so evasive action seems reasonable.

Hmmm, there's an idea. You'd have to make up a mechanic that would
make it relatively easy for a Thrust 6 or 8 ship to evade, while
making it more difficult for a Thrust 2 or 4.

I'm not sure if that would entirely solve the balance problem, but
it's a good idea.

Schoon

Prev: Re: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead Next: [GZG WCC] Quotes now on-line!