Prev: Re: Re: New Pod armaments Next: Re: Fw: KV TO&E

Re: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead

From: Chan Faunce <chanfaunce@t...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 21:33:29 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT-ish] ICE is Dead

I've seen the plastic ship minis packaged under another name (which
escapes me
at
the moment - something like XXX Century Games - Anyone? ).

Allan Goodall wrote:

> Hey, everyone.
>
> I heard this a few days ago and just assumed that everyone on this
list had
> heard. Iron Crown Enterprises, publishers of the _Rolemaster_ and
_Middle
> Earth Roleplaying Game_ RPGs, as well as the _Silent Death_
miniatures/board
> game, is dead. Toast. Fini. Gone.
>
> They were in Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, but recently went into
Chapter
> 7. The company has closed its doors and is in the process of
dissolving.

> There have been a number of posts on rec.games.frp.misc about ICE's
demise.
> The reasons are pretty involved but the "straw that broke the camel's
back"
> seems to be some legal problems against some companies that owed them
money.
> case of too much work for too little return made them decide to fold
up. ICE
> has been around for more than 20 years.
>
> The reason I thought the list might be interested in this is that a
lot of
> people here use _Silent Death_ ships in their FT fleets. I personally
bought
> number of _SD_ flight stands to mount some of my ships. _Silent Death_
is als
> somewhat popular among some list members. I haven't heard anything yet
as to
> what will happen to the miniatures or the game books for _Silent
Death_.

--
Channing C. Faunce

chanfaunce@NOSPAMHEREtoast.net
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/index.html

NEW projects
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/tidak.jpg
http://members.toast.net/chanfaunce/vadok1.jpg

It is caffeine alone that sets my mind in motion.
It is through the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
     that hands acquire shakes,
     that shakes become a warning.
It is caffeine alone that lets me roll the dice.

Prev: Re: Re: New Pod armaments Next: Re: Fw: KV TO&E