Prev: [FMA] Call of Cuthulu Next: Re: [FMA] Call of Cuthulu

RE: [SG] 15mm Infantry [CLEAN STAMP]

From: devans@u...
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 16:00:08 -0500
Subject: RE: [SG] 15mm Infantry [CLEAN STAMP]

Well, Rick, Brian had most of what you had covered on his page. I was
wondering, though:

You said:
***
"True" 15mm scale figures (smaller):

Freikorps 15 colonial marines & aliens
***

Brian's description was taken from what several folks said, and I tend
agree:
***
Apparently these are 'large 15s', actually scaling out to 17mm or so
tall.
I've never seen them.
***

However, I agree with your assement, and disagree with Brian's reviewer,
on
the casting quality.

Still, useful and pretty good for instant Aliens-in-15mm for a travel
play
version, if I ever get around to it. ;->=

By the way, Chris of Outland, distributor, and I think licensed caster
of,
Friekorps, has been doing the vehicles for TCS. Don't know about the
soldiers.

For OOP 15mm, don't forget the Ral Partha Galactic Grenadiers and Final
Frontier box sets. 40 or so figs in three groups: power armor, armed
'colonists', and a weird alien (not not-Aliens). Simple and lumpy, if
you
find the boxes as I have for about $5US (painful after paying $10 on
eBay),
not too bad. And, each has a ruleset, scenerios, and maps you can
consider
for tinkering. By the way, not sure off-top-of-head, but I think GG was
the
PA vs aliens, and FF was PA putting down revolting colonists, but I
could
well have that switched.

I tried to jump in on the Traveller stuff recently on eBay. *O*U*C*H*

Otherwise, TTM came from or bought out Table Top Games, which put out
the
Laserburn figs as well as the game system, right? I know some of those
were
pretty weird; Redemptionists with long pointy spears. ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Prev: [FMA] Call of Cuthulu Next: Re: [FMA] Call of Cuthulu