Prev: The_Beast's [LONG] and Rambling return to the list... Next: Re: Whats Next

Epic-cast 25/28mm Sirroco Grav Tank (Light?)

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 00:22:48 -0400
Subject: Epic-cast 25/28mm Sirroco Grav Tank (Light?)

I got one of these neat little beasties at GZG-WCC and KR did one of his
"presto" paintups on it (thanks again!). We used it as a light grav tank
for
the KV (has that aerodynamic feel and went well with the two Armourcast
old-style Eldar Tempests we were using for the KV). Note that these
behemoths (the Tempests) are huge and the Sirroco is easily as as large
as
most of the big GZG tanks. They had the right feel to me for KV.

Not a bad kit, not quite as sharp as Armourcast work, but still worth a
look. I suspect the Epicast team will be getting better (as have
Armourcast)
as time goes by - better quality castings and designs appear to be
coming
out.

Now if only I could convince someone on this side of the pond to make
some
decent true 25mm mildly post-modern resins (things that sort of didn't
have
the GW WWI look to them)...

Anyone know if Eureka has got molds for turrets for their BMP-60 chassis
and
if either Jon or KR is going to put them out? That and the OU Grav tank
in
25mm were both rather excellent pieces I thought. I don't know if Nic R
is
lurking, but I'd love to know what's up in the line of vehicles - They
seem
to have a good sculptor down there.

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Prev: The_Beast's [LONG] and Rambling return to the list... Next: Re: Whats Next