Prev: [GZG-WCC-I] nice job Next: Re: Whats Next

Re: UNSC Ships

From: Charles Stanley Taylor <charles.taylor@c...>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 18:24:46 +0100
Subject: Re: UNSC Ships

In message <39F55987.6206.52A93B4@localhost>
	  "Steve Pugh" <steve@pugh.net> wrote:

> > Are there any designs for the UNSC ships out there at all? There was
> > only a couple of the Ship Registry.
>
> There are a few designs. Nothing "official" of course, so you should
> feel free to use whatever you like the look of, or of inventing your
> own. No doubt the people who have come up with stats will respond to
> this thread....
>
> > Any rumours of what weaponry they have or might have?
>
> People have different opinions. Some people think that they have
> large spinal mount weapons, others don't. Some people think they use
> large numbers of pulse torps (possibly including larger variants),
> others think they have some sort of rail gun, others think they have
> some sort of heavy beam weapon. Again you should feel free to use
> whatever you like.

Err.. I think I've tried all of the above so far :-)
I'm currently leaning to a Beam/Pulse-Torp varient mix, and trying to
decide if my 'modular thruster' concept is more trouble than it is worth
(ATM I think ... yes).
If you're interested, drop me a line and I'll can send you my latest
versions.

> > And whether or not FB3 would be in the works and
> > whether or not the minor nations and  UNSC might be in them?
>
> No idea. I think that all anyone can say is that if there ever is an
> FB3 then the UNSC will probably be in it.

I think they are planning to do 'Bugs Don't Surf' next (aliens in
SG2/DS2, I think).

> > And any idea of when FT2 would be out?
>
> I think you mean FT3 as the current version is the second edition. No
> word at present. I wouldn't expect it before 2002 at the earliest,
> unless Jon has been keeeping very quiet about work in progress. ;-)
>
>	Steve

Your probably right about that.

Charles

Prev: [GZG-WCC-I] nice job Next: Re: Whats Next