Prev: [GZG-WCC] Human vs Kra'Vak Next: WCC Aftercon Report

Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 21:22:19 +0100
Subject: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

John Leary wrote:

>      The large 24000 'K' vs human game proved that
>one should stay with the rules that are known.
>It turns out that the attempt to run the game
>using FB1/2 rules (We normally use FT/MT) was
>unbalanced, the 'K' won quite easily.
>(Add to the list to do: Find new balance point
>ratio value for 'K'.)

If you haven't used the FB*1* rules before, then going directly to
FB*2* was probably a mistake. Far too much new stuff to cope with at
once.

If you want to use FB2 tech systems (which is based on FB1) without
using the FB1 design system, then you'll certainly have to re-balance
the K-guns... they need to be *cheaper*, since the beams they're
balanced against are cheaper in FT/MT than they are in FB1 :-/

>Another related topic/suggestion:
[snip]
>In any case the use of scatterguns should be
>the same against 'K' and human ships

Scatterguns *are* the same against both Kra'Vak and human ships...

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: [GZG-WCC] Human vs Kra'Vak Next: WCC Aftercon Report