Prev: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: RE: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

RE: GZG-WCC

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@l...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 10:21:01 -0700
Subject: RE: GZG-WCC

I would like to offer my thanks to Ted for organizing the Con and to
Geo-Hex
and DLD Productions for supporting the Con.  I was only able to attend
on
Saturday but had a great time.

I was one of the Kra'Vak fleet commanders in the large 24000 pt game and
can
only say that we Kra'Vak need to go back to piloting school.  I
successfully
"Klingoned" straight into an asteroid and had two (or was it three)
other of
my ships bowled over by the same asteroid.  I also ignored the strengths
of
the railguns and closed into literal boarding range to slug it out with
the
sushi (eh, humans).

It was good to hear that the afternoon Stargrunt game was called a tie.
was one of the innocent spaceport workers who came under fire from the
oppressionist Federation forces and forced to defend himself.  It was my
first time ever playing Stargrunt and found it a rather easy set of
rules to
grasp (even though I had a hard time remembering which dice to use
when).	I
never really cared for miniature games that utilized chits BUT found
this
game to use the concept very well.  And I like the method for
determining
initiative.

As it happened, I enjoyed the rules enough to jump into the Bug Hunt
game
that was put on Sat. evening on th ehuman side.  This was a marvelously
layed out game with very nice terrain, and more bugs than I would have
cared
for.  I had to leave the game before it ended, and when I did we humans
were
in pretty dire straights.  Definitely to the point of making sure that
there
was at least one round left in the chamber for the "final action".

All in all, had a great time and will be looking forward to a repeat
performance next year.

Kent M. McClure
	I heard the dawn whisper to me,
	"If you search, there's joy to be found"
		from the dubbed version of "Never the End"
		Sung by Reika "Vision" Chang in
		Episode 7, "Double Vision", of
		Bubblegum Crisis 2032
PS.  The term "Klingoned" is a term my son and I use for crashing into
large
obvious objects such as asteroids and planets.	It came from a comic
strip
that parodied Star Trek and always had the Klingons zooming around the
galaxy only to run into an asteroid or some such thing.

Prev: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: RE: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?