Prev: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: Re: GZG-WCC

Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@y...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 09:21:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win?

--- "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com> wrote:
> Ted, I gotta know: Was it good? Any catastrophes?
> Does it give the
> organizers and participants a strong feel that a
> GZG-WCC II would be a good
> idea?
XXX
     I will not speak for anyone else, but
I would do it again next year.
XXX

<and that they also want to try to make it to
> GZG-ECC IV in March!>
XXX
     God and money willing, I'll consider it.
XXX

> Are you ready to give up your day job to become a
> convention organizer?
XXX
     I drive back up to Oakland and opened the
con room up on Sunday morning, I won all the
games and all the prizes, (Ted, I like FT ships,),
of course I was the only functional person in the
place.	 It seems the evening game ran rather late
and sunday was cancelled as a result.
XXX

> I look forward to reading AARs, seeing pics, but
> mostly just to hear from
> the participants that they had fun.
XXX
     The large 24000 'K' vs human game proved that
one should stay with the rules that are known.
It turns out that the attempt to run the game
using FB1/2 rules (We normally use FT/MT) was
unbalanced, the 'K' won quite easily.
(Add to the list to do: Find new balance point
ratio value for 'K'.)
     Another related topic/suggestion:
Kravak scatterguns in the area defence mode
should always do damage to the target ship
as well as the fighters that are targeted.
Suggest using damage of:
1) 1 + submunitions attack + rerolls on 6.
2) 1D3 no rerolls.
3) 1D3 reroll on 6 only.
4) 1,2,3=1; 4,5,6=2 reroll on 6 only.
In any case the use of scatterguns should be
the same against 'K' and human ships
(KR did not come to the con, and I was not able
to acquire the FB2 rules, so forgive if I am
in error.)
XXX

That's the
> ultimate reason for these
> things, and if my ECC experiences have been an
> indication, the 7 hour drive
> was worth it (though <a nameless member of the
> Ottawa crew whose initials
> are JP> might have a different feelings after his
> slightly pre-Canadian
> border encounter with the NY State Speed Enforcement
> Gestapo). I had a blast
> and met a lot of real nice people.
>
> If there is a GZG-WCC-II, the Good Lord willing,
> I'll be there. California
> in October sounds just fine to a Canadian. It'd
> sound even better in
> November... ;)

> Thomas R. S. Barclay

Generally speaking a good time was had by all.
(Even while being abused by the 'K', I had a
good time.  (And I got about a third of my ships
off the board.)).

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: [GZG-WCC] So Ted, did we win? Next: Re: GZG-WCC