Prev: Re: [SG] New pictures Next: RE: [SG] New pictures

Re: [SG] New pictures

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 22:17:05 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] New pictures

At 06:29 PM 10/22/00 -0700, you wrote:
>On Sun, 22 Oct 2000, Brian Burger wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've just scanned & posted six new photos - these're all of one of
Dream
>> Pod 9's new Heavy Gear "Mammoth Assault Strider", which is a very
cool
>> model - big semi-hard-science walker thing.
>>
>> I figure these are some of the best minis pics I've ever taken - I'm
going
>> to scan & post more pictures from the same roll later this week.
>
>Realized I forgot the URL: go direct to
><http://warbard.iwarp.com/sg2gallery.html> & look at the bottom of the
>page.

Yeesh.	I shudder to think what he's going to do on an SGII
battlefield....
 My one suggestion would be that, because of his height, you use the
DSII
rules and treat his as being one range band closer when he's being shot
at.

(You know, he could be the centerpoint of a killer FMA scenario, too.
Mammoth and a squad of troops, against a larger enemy force with plenty
of
ruined buildings to hide in.  Could be a lot of fun, especially with a
ref
to implement hidden movement.)

I have the 1/87th scale version of this figure, and if/when I ever paint
up
my Ral Partha 25mm Battletroops, I'll paint him up to match.  I have a
whole bunsh of the 1/72nd scale models that Revell put out for Robotech,
too -- if I ever *do* get them assembled and painted, it's going to be
one
hell of a battleforce.

I strongly advise that no one holds their breath waiting for this to
happen.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: [SG] New pictures Next: RE: [SG] New pictures