Prev: Re: RE-(FT)ECM, never leave home without it Next: Re: FB2 errata - I found another

Re: FB2 errata - I found another

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 16:13:40 +0100
Subject: Re: FB2 errata - I found another

<oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>wrote:
>
>>The alien tech specs don't list the ship costs (like they do in FB1),
>>but there's *another* discrepancy between the SSD and the tech specs
>>for the Do'San. Let's see if you can find it ;-)
>
>Ummm... Perhaps you should tell me. The reason? It appears that Jon may
have
>caught some things between the printing you have and the printing I
have.

>Here's why: the errata indicates that the technical specs for the
Do'San list
>it as having 1 x Class 1 K-gun while the SSD clearly shows 3. Well, my
copy of
>the rulebook actually says "3 x Class 1 K-gun". Yes, the cost is wrong,
>listing 671 instead of 691. But other than that, the Do'San appears
exactly on
>the SSD as it is listed in the tech specs.
>
>I did some more checking. My copy DOES have the 3 fire controls for the
Ko'San
>listed in the SSD and the specs. This is correct, but apparently it's
an error
>in some versions of the book.
>
>Weird, hmmm? My book is listed as March, 2000 but it isn't one of the
ones
>with the Phalon text missing. I also got mine from Jon but about a
month or so
>after the initial rush. As I said, I think he caught some of the
errors.

Yes, there are two slightly different versions of the book out there.
What
happened is this:
Only a part of the print run had been done in the first batch, in order
rush the book into publication for Salute 2000 - it was this rush that
caused the printer to cock-up and duplicate the Phalon blurb page in the
first batch. As soon as this was discovered, the books from this first
batch were stripped of the faulty spread and re-stitched with a
corrected
reprint, but the rest of the pages in them remained the same. Shortly
after
this was done, and before the bulk of the run was on press, we noticed a
couple of other small errors (the ones Allan mentions above) and were
able
to get the printer to correct them before running those pages.
So, the earliest copies will have the errors mentioned, but the later
ones
won't - though in all other respects, including the print date, they are
identical. The remaining errata were not dicovered until long after the
print run was finished, and are thus in all copies.

Jon (GZG)