Prev: Re: Music to Game by Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] harmonizing vehicle construction

Re: (FT) ECM,never leave home without it

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 01:32:10 -0400
Subject: Re: (FT) ECM,never leave home without it

From: bif smith <bif@bifsmith.fsnet.co.uk>

> I`ve read, passive sensors usually out range active sensors.

Of course, if one side is using active.  If you bounce a signal off a
target and get a usable response, the target will be getting your
signal, four times as strong as the bounce you're reading.

If you're both using passive, then passive may be shorter range than
active.  I assume here that some degree of effective stealthing is
possible, although I haven't come up with a plausable way to hide the
ship's IR or thrust plume signatures.

> answer). Even on a closer range scale of a battle, you would still
have a
> time delay on infomation getting back to you in time for you to react
to.

No.  If the target is X distance away, it's still that distance away
whether the signal being returned from it is a reflection or its own
noise.

<snip>

The rest of this sounds pretty reasonable.  Of course it's 1:30am too...

Prev: Re: Music to Game by Next: Re: [SG2] [DS2] harmonizing vehicle construction