Prev: Re: RE-GZG weat coast con:4 (!) days and counting... Next: Re: Calendars was: Population modelling and relativity

RE: [FT] SSD question

From: "Moody, Danny M." <Danny.Moody@b...>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 10:20:36 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] SSD question

> From: Brian Bell [mailto:bkb@beol.net]

> I plan to use Visio to create SSDs. Visio resources by Alan
> Goodall are
> available at http://www.ftsr.org/ft\display\visio.html

I also use Visio to create my SSDs.  Using Mr. Goodall's stencils, it's
mere
child's play to quickly make great looking SSDs.

> Then group them 4-6 to a page.

I actually print them out on 3x5 cards.  One side is the SSD, the other
side
is for writing orders.	This allows each person to have a stack of cards
for
his fleet, and it's easier to write on them without using the table or
clipboards.

> Number them to match the numbers on the minis.

Each SSD card has a place for recording the mini's ID number.  I have a
set
of small washers painted solid colors, each with a unique alphanumeric
ID on
them.  These are slipped over the mounting stand, then the ship is
placed on
the stand.  This allows one to easily see which side a mini is on (by
the
color of the washer) as well as it's ID number.

 -- vargr1						UPP-8D9B85 --
The three principle virtues of a good programmer   |
dmoody@bridge-dot-com
 are Laziness, Impatience, and Hubris.		   | vargr1@jcn1-dot-com
	     ** Omnia dicta fortiora, si dicta latina. **

Prev: Re: RE-GZG weat coast con:4 (!) days and counting... Next: Re: Calendars was: Population modelling and relativity