Prev: GZG WCC Huge Human vs. KV Battle Next: Population modelling and relativity

Re: [SG2] [DS2] articulation - a final thought

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 14:14:58 EDT
Subject: Re: [SG2] [DS2] articulation - a final thought

Grain of salt:	I own DS2 but have not read the SG2 rules, much less
played.

Partially, that may be the very generic structure of the system.  Much
of
those situations are based on the historical nature of the army involved
(i.e., the Xi corps itself and the overall Union Armies of the theater.)

Also, it may be a game construction decision to KISS the game.

Further is the frequency factor (partially history specific) of such
events.  A platoon breaks the next door platoon might break the next one
down the line, under differing conditions might not break but just 'bend
the line' and hold - preventing a cascade effect.

That said, anytime (other then surrounded, with no where to go and
surrender is perceived worse then death - as 7th Cav was at Greasy
Grass)
there is a problem (IMO - in some cases possibly not) if the 'lone
figure' is the victor regularly.

Gracias,
Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

On Sun, 15 Oct 2000 11:17:13 -0400 Allan Goodall <awg@sympatico.ca>
writes:
>On Sat, 14 Oct 2000 22:59:44 -0700 (PDT), Brian Burger
><yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
>wrote:
>
>>We have a morale house rule that we call Cascading Morale, used in
>both
>>DS2 & SG2.
>
>I'm not sure I like the idea of a unit going from Confident to Broken
>in one
>test.
>
>My house rules are on my own web site:
>
>http://www.vex.net/~agoodall/sg2.htm
>
>My rules change the conditions of one morale check and add one
>additional
>condition for checking morale. It works well.
>
>Essentially we've come to the same conclusion. Our answers to it are
>different, but we have filled the gap in the SG2 morale system.
>
>What's missing, though, is morale for higher echelons on the tabletop.
>There
>are no rules for a platoon in SG2 or a company in DS2 losing morale
>based on
>individual units breaking. Historically, smaller units routing can
>result in a
>cascade of other units running. An extreme situation is the routing of
>the
>Union XI Corps at Chancellorsville. It was a cascade of morale that
>caused the
>corps to run. Again, an extreme example, but not something that can be
>done in
>SG2.
>

>Allan Goodall			awg@sympatico.ca
>Goodall's Grotto:  http://www.vex.net/~agoodall
>
>"Surprisingly, when you throw two naked women with sex
>toys into a living room full of drunken men, things
>always go bad." - Kyle Baker, "You Are Here"

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: GZG WCC Huge Human vs. KV Battle Next: Population modelling and relativity