Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: RE: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy

RE: [SG2] vehicle sizes/equipment from standard GZG minis

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 07:17:24 -0400
Subject: RE: [SG2] vehicle sizes/equipment from standard GZG minis

The SF25-86 Phalanx  is described as the NAC FV202 Phalanx Heavy APC
on page 68 in the Stargrunt rules.

FV202 Phalanx Hvy APC
Size:  4
Armor:	3
Mobility: High Mobility Wheeled (My assumption)
Power Plant: HMT (My assumption)
Weapons:  2x DFFG/1 in turrets
Fire Controls: Enhanced
Crew:  2
Troop Spaces:  16
ECM:  Basic
Other Equipment:  Smoke Launchers
 Note: This vehicle is ILLEGAL under the construction rules. A size 4
vehicle
has 20 construction spaces. The 2xDFFG/1's (even considering them a
multi-mount in 1 turret) take 5 spaces, leaving 15. 16 troops spaces
would
take 16 construction spaces resulting in a -1 construction space for the

vehicle.
I would suggest dropping the infantry capacity to 12 and leaving 3 for
cargo
space (extra ammo, first aid, extra fuel cells, toolkit, etc.)

For the Moonbase Xi DS2 scenario, I used the following DS2 statistics:
Opossum APC
Equipment Item			 Spc  Cost
Size 3				  -    15  VSP 15
Armor 3 			  -	9  BVP 24
HMT Power Plant 		  -	6
Hi-Mobility Wheeled		  -	7
Amphibiouse (Vacuum)		  -	5
2 x DFFG/1 FT			  4    30
APSW				  -	-
FCS Superior			  -	6
PDS Basic			  2    30
ECM Enhanced			  -    30
Stealth/1			  -    60
Infantry/Cargo Space		  8	-
TOTAL:				 15   202

Since my collection includes Battletech AFVs, the Phalanx
falls at either the high end of a size 3 or the low end
of a size 4.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org
Armor Division:
http://www.ftsr.org/ds2/
Infantry Division:
http://www.ftsr.org/sg2/
-----

[snip]

> SF25-86 Phalanx
> (My guess is size 4 or 5 - interestingly I recall a design in one of
the
> books with two multibarrell DFFG rotary cannons (DFFG 1 or 2) but the
web
> catalog suggests these are multilens lasers)

[snip]