Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy

Re: [FT] SSD question

From: stiltman@t...
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2000 10:29:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [FT] SSD question

> I'm just curious how others have been creating their SSD's for an
exhibition
> game?

I've never used them, other than when Brian and Corey Burger handed over
few of them for our pickup game in Seattle.  I just list out all the
stuff
that a ship class has in a notebook and then, when I play, I just list
out
all of the total damage capacities for the entire fleet on one page and,
when it hits a threshold, I go down the list from the class sheet and
just
jot down what's missing.  A simple mnemonic for crews is that a weak
hull
loses a crew for every four damage points, an average for every six, a
strong for every eight.

It requires a little bit of head math when thresholds and repairs come
up,
but it reduces the paperwork a great deal to set things up.
--
 The Stilt Man		      stiltman@teleport.com

Prev: Re: [FT] SSD question Next: [FT] Night's Dawn Trilogy