Prev: FT: FB2 Errata Next: Population modelling

[SG2] [DS2] interface between games / TO&E

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 10:51:06 -0400
Subject: [SG2] [DS2] interface between games / TO&E

Hi Allan, Hi Andrew, Hi Owen (and all you other lot too).

Owen, far too long between de-lurkings. Good to hear from you man!

As for Cascading morale, your solution does force more serious checks.
But
IIRC last time I looked at it, it didn't seem to handle the issue of
"accumulated losses". I'll review it again later. I don't have a problem
going from CO to SH in one action. Heck, caught in the right situation,
squad in an ambush for example, I've seen squads go from confident to
fleeing in disarray with mass casualties during excercises. I just don't
like rolling several times.  like things all in one check. There has to
be a
way to avoid the extra die rolls.

Thanks to Andrew for the two rulings on APSWs. I agree with his
suggestions.
Thanks!

Thanks to everyone for review of the relative sizes of figures - I plan
buy some wombats, AC tanks (forget the number/name), and some hover
jeeps in
1/300th to match my current vehicles (I use these as NSL because I like
the
NSL as a highly mobile AC force).

I think Owen's suggestion to treat a plasma gunner and a rifleman or two
as
an APSW element is reasonable. It gives the IPG/PPG/PIG the firepower it
deserves probably. And it nicely compartmentalizes the default NSL squad
size. (Though I think this is still too small for a squad/section - but
that's just my own view!).

I also recall someone writing a nice chart showing both DS2 and SG2
weapons,
with GMS/P and APSW/HMG represented (with maybe another system or two?)
for
both systems. Any idea who did this and if it could be reposted? I'm
sure
some of the new players would be interested. <hint:me>

I've already written SG2 rules for APFC belts and some of the other
concepts
from DS2 that were missing from SG2. I can post a link if anyone wants
see the way I went about this.

Tom

Prev: FT: FB2 Errata Next: Population modelling