Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Pulse Torps Next: Re: Mini Related Questions

Re: Mini Related Questions

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2000 12:15:46 +1100
Subject: Re: Mini Related Questions

G'day Charles,

 >I got round to having a look - very nice!

Thanks.

 >One question, are the Darleks 6mm?

 >if so, how did you make them?

They're Irregular Miniatures "Attack Robots" which I buy off Nic at
Eureka
(2 for 55c Aussie or something like that). The heavies I built by
lopping
of the Dalek "nose, gun and sink plunger" and putting on a bit of brass
rod
instead, but you can buy heavies now too (I just haven't got around to
it
yet). The emperor, special, engineering and suicide Daleks were also
made
from normal stock by judicious use of "modellers tubing" and small
pieces
of plastic disc. The marine Daleks I made from scratch though using
brass
rod and small beads (cheapest gaming figures ever at 5c a pop!). All up
not
too much extra effort needed and they're heaps of fun to play. The
additional fun thing being you can justifiably lob the odd nuke, I don't
do
it ever game but the odd one to keep them on their toes is fun ;)
A more useful tactic for armies built around a small number of superior
tech vehicles and heaps of infantry is artillery dropped minefields,
VERY
useful!

Cheers

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Pulse Torps Next: Re: Mini Related Questions