Prev: Re: Jerrymeister's archives Next: Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)

Re: [DS2] newbie Q

From: Brian Bell <bkb@b...>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2000 20:38:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [DS2] newbie Q

At 13:41 2000-10-14 -0400, you wrote:
>And, since I don't yet own any DS2 minis (from GZG), could someone
comment
>on how they compare sizewise to things like GHQ Leopard IIs, Grizzlys,
>M113s, Marders, etc.? Are they on the same size order or will they be
>consistently bigger or smaller for roughly the same class of vehicle?

I do not have any of the AFVs you mentioned, but I do have
some GHQ Abrams tanks.

The GZG minis and Future Wars minis are slightly larger than the GHQ
minis.
When I did my Moonbase Xi scenario at GZGECC, I classed the GHQ Abrams
as
size-3. The Paladin and Phalanx (very nice, by the way) are slightly
larger, but I still classed them as size-3. The Future Wars Triton and
Simcat I classed size 3, another one (Jupiter IIa?) I classed size-4,
and
the Antron I size class-5. Picutes of each of thes can be seen on the
Geo-Hex web site (http://geohex.com). Pictures of the Moonbase Xi game
are
at:
http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgecc/gzgecc2/frames/gallery_fri_frame.
shtml
and http://www.warpfish.com/jhan/ft/gzgecc/gzgecc3/fri-gallery.shtml.

---
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
ICQ: 12848051
AIM: Rlyehable
The Full Thrust Ship Registry:
http://www.ftsr.org

"In space, no one can hear you say "Aaarggh! I rolled a 1!"
---

Prev: Re: Jerrymeister's archives Next: Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)