Prev: RE: Ftl tugs, mass and psb question Next: Re: HH missiles

RE: HH missiles

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 19:11:05 -0500
Subject: RE: HH missiles

> If you are thinking this is high dammage per missile, remember that
the HH
> ships are rather BIG (a HH Destroyer would mass 400 (yes, forty
thousand
> tonnes), and a SD at 85000 mass (eight and a half MILLION tonnes)).
>
> Any comments?

My only one is that a Mass is an abstract unit of measure that in the
GZG
game is 100 tonnes. Do the crew numbers match up from the HH universe to
the
GZG universe? In the GZG universe there is roughly 1 crew per Mass.
Without
dragging novels off the shelf I can only recall the crewing requirements
be a little lower in the HH universe. I suspect that translating the
ships
would also require a "upping" of the Tonnes to Mass ratio.

This comes to mind for me as I play in a highly modified Traveller
universe
and use a Mass to Tonnage ratio of 1 Mass = 20 Tons.

David

(Don't ever try to sculpt a Far Trader with that Mass Ratio to match the
GZG
ships...)

Prev: RE: Ftl tugs, mass and psb question Next: Re: HH missiles