Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition Next: Re: Ftl tugs, mass and psb question

Re: Vehicle Recognition

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 06:41:35 +0100
Subject: Re: Vehicle Recognition

John Leary wrote:

>>Don't think so - if it's the one I'm thinking of it's got a German
>>cross (is that the Iron Cross, or does it have any other name?) on
the
>>turret.
>
>The WWII german cross was the 'Balkencross', the modern cross is >the
'Maltese cross' (or some varient thereof).

Hm?

A "Maltese cross" usually means the one used by the Knights of St. John
(still used by St. John's Ambulance) - you know, the one where each arm
tapers inward to a point in the center, and the outer end of the arm is
split into two points. It was used by the Germans in WWI, but AFAIK not
after that (not as vehicle markings anyway; possibly for medals
though).

Karl?

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Vehicle Recognition Next: Re: Ftl tugs, mass and psb question