Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: Re: FT-HH LAC`s

Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: 11 Oct 2000 10:03 GMT
Subject: Re: FSE misnomer (what you call where you live)

[snip]
> These kind of national rivalries won't go away, but like Quebec's
> relations with Canada, will be softened by economic prosperity and
> by some devolution of power to the local communities.
>
> The description of the FSE in Jon's books (written by an Anglian I
> notice)reflect a cultural predjudice up front. In French, it would >
be Etats Federal Europa (gender?). In Italian, something quite
> similar  sounding I believe (thanks Karl Heinz!) . I believe most of
> the languages of these countries would end up calling themselves
> the EFE. FSE is just an anglicism (or is that Anglianism?) of the
> correct naming.
[snip]
> comeback in a NAC that owns all of North and South America...

Indeed, and without wanting to offend anyone, the GZG future history is
heavily anglo-centric.

I have considerable problems believing that the NAC could integrate
Latin America as smoothly as the GZG history makes it out, especially
given
the superiority complex many (real, present-day) Anglos have over the
Latinos, which is unlikely to go away, and the long history of tensions
between North and South America. Plus, if the NAC has devolved power to
local communities and is something of a democracy, how come there is
virtually no trace of Spanish or Portuguese in the names of places,
ships
etc., both in the official books and on the websites ? After all,
Latinos
would be roughly half the population of the NAC.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: Return of FMA... Next: Re: FT-HH LAC`s