Prev: was Re: Help for Oerjan (no, not the nationalistic part of it!) Next: Re: Help for Oerjan

Re: Return of FMA...

From: agoodall@c...
Date: 10 Oct 2000 11:22:55 -0700
Subject: Re: Return of FMA...

On Tue, 10 October 2000, Brian Burger wrote:

> We had problems with grenades - our house-rules versions weren't
anywhere
> near powerful enough. Counting Mr. Juggler in the above story, we had
> three grenades going off, all within 2" of a character. Nobody was
even
> scratched...

Sounds like duds to me. *S*

Actually, that's an interesting point. The whole "D4 unarmoured" guy
idea works
 in SG2 because it's meant to be abstract. When you bring it down to
FMA, espec
ially for things like grenade blasts at short range, it may not be
valid. You s
till need some sort of luck happening for penetration, but I think D4
might be
a bit much.

Perhaps just give the unarmoured guy a single point of armour? If the
grenade g
oes off and rolls a 1 it does no damage, but a 2 or greater will damage?

> Has anyone done anything with FMA since the extremely-beta release in
July
> 1999?

Not much. I DID, however, come up with monster stats for Call of Cthulhu
transl
ated into FMA. I also came up with a fear mechanism that sort of
reflects sanit
y in Cthulhu. A "sanity" quality counter is used with the same die types
as a r
egular quality counter. Monsters cause an opposed roll based on their
sanity ty
pe. If the human player loses the roll, the SG2 morale is dropped to
broken (po
ssibly routed). Also, the sanity quality drops based on the monster as
well, to
 represent a continuous loss of sanity or willpower.

Not sure it would work for regular FMA, but it seemed okay for a horror
based g
ame. Basically figures have a quality counter for fear and a quality
counter fo
r everything else.

> It's still a great game - Jon, any idea on release, or maybe a Release
> 0.02 just to list-members soon?

The playtest list has been quiet for a while, but Bugs Don't Surf seems
to be t
he next project.

Allan Goodall - agoodall@canada.com

Prev: was Re: Help for Oerjan (no, not the nationalistic part of it!) Next: Re: Help for Oerjan