Prev: GZG-OLC Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

FT-B5 minis in FT

From: "bif smith" <bif@b...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 13:18:52 +0100
Subject: FT-B5 minis in FT

I have some B5 minis, and was trying to figure out how to use the
vorlon/shadow ships in FT.

 I then thought about allowing another race in FT, a race that had been
discovered by the sa`vasku several centuries ago on the verge of a
industreal revalution, and had been genetically engerneered by them to
be
their warriors in another war. At the end of this war, the sa`vasku then
decided that they didn`t need their warrior race, and tried to terminate
them. The race of warriors didn`t like this idea, so they rebelled and
buggered off with the weapons and technology they had been given by the
sa`vasku. This premice would allow another race with simular
capabilities to
the sa`vasku, but a nice healthy dislike for them (i.e.-attack on
sight).
This is the premice for me to allow shaddow ships into FT, using
standard
rules with minimum modifications. The only alteration I would make is
for a
cloaking ability, at a mass of 5% ship mass, and a power requirement of
the
cloaking device mass x2 to cloak/decloak. A aditional power point would
be
required on cloaking for every turn you wished to remain cloaked. You
then
plot it`s orders as for a normal ship from it`s cloaking point. Because
it
would decloak and fire, I would allow it to fire, and hopefully
destroy/disable it`s target first.  My shaddow vessils would be limited
biomass, 120-150 ish mass ships, with 1x stinger node, pod launcher
node,
drone womb, some PDS, and a lot of power generators. The tactics would
be to
decloak as close to your target as possible, and hit it with a max power
beem as close as possible to cause maximum dammage before he turns and
kills
you.

For the vorlon ships, I use them as standard phalon ships. The reason
for
this is I`m trying to use the 4 vorlon heavy cruisers minis that I have
(as
well as the other vorlon minis). I don`t class these ships as heavy
cruisers, because the minis are rather large and heavy. I was thinking
along
the lines of a 400 mass ship, with a thrust 2 drive, 4x 6arc pulser, 4x
f.con, vapour shroud, 40 hull mass, 40 (10 x 4) armour layers and one
cl. 40
Plasma Bolt Launcher (maybe 2 cl.20 PBL`s, or 4 cl. 10 PBL`s). I would
class
this as a "don`t point it at my planet" class of ship. This ship would
cost
3996 (I think, anybody want to check?). I would only use these vessels
with
a escort carring a lot of pulsers, to guard against fighters. I`d use
the
smaller vorlon transports as a escort, a keraph with all 6 arc pulsers
and 4
less armour points from the bottom layer to compensate. The cost would
rise
to 410 (maths check anyone?).

Dreadplanet against Vorlon CH anyone?

Any comments anyone?

BIF

Prev: GZG-OLC Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm