Prev: [FT] MS Access Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm

Return of FMA...

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 01:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Return of FMA...

Hi all,

Had a good game of FMA skirmish this evening - I dug the rules out after
18 months or so of not even looking at them, so it was nearly my first
game (!) and Tony's first run at the system. We used his GW 28mm
Necromunda ganger figures & terrain, played it all pretty fast and
loose,
and had a good game.

Best Monty Python Moment: One of my gangers was carrying a primed
grenade
up an open staircase - I'd primed the grenade at the bottom of the
stairs,
indtending to throw it as soon as I got to the top platform, in a turn
or
two... except that one of Tony's gang got line of sight with the only
really long-ranged weapon on the table. He hits & wounds my grenadier,
who
fails his Task roll to stay standing on the stairs. He falls half a
flight
down to the ground, then fails his Hard Task roll to hold onto this
damned
primed bomb he's been juggling... Live grenade (1-turn fuse) goes
bouncing
4" away - except it hits a pillar that's 2" away, square on, and the
grenade richochets back into my stunned & wounded guy's lap! Panicking
ganger can't shake his wound off, so lies there expecting to be ground
meat when the explosion happens at the end of the round. Bomb goes off -
unarmoured ganger (d4) beats main blast (d10) and isn't even
scratched...

We had problems with grenades - our house-rules versions weren't
anywhere
near powerful enough. Counting Mr. Juggler in the above story, we had
three grenades going off, all within 2" of a character. Nobody was even
scratched...

Has anyone done anything with FMA since the extremely-beta release in
July
1999?

We've got an idea for Close Combat as well: Presently, any CC weapon at
all (or wearing PA) gives you 2x Quality die - there's no difference
between a rifle-armed PA trooper and a near-naked freak with a big
sword... Adding a second, CC-weapon die makes sense here - for example:

Bare Hands - no additional die
No CC weapon (only rifle or other weapon) d4
Knife/bayonet: d6
Short sword/big knife/club: d8
Big sword/thingie: d10
Really weird CC-weapon (Power Thingies): d12

You can also fairly easily slot CC-beasts (Aliens aliens, for ex) into
this - they get d10 CC or something.

Has anyone done any work on the Confidence/Morale system? There's far
less
emphasis on this in FMA than would be expected, given the systems in DS2
and SG2.

It's still a great game - Jon, any idea on release, or maybe a Release
0.02 just to list-members soon?

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: [FT] MS Access Next: Re: [SG] in seach of 15mm