Prev: Re: [FT] Mini Related Questions and More Thrust Missiles Next: Re: Bugs! (and other alien life forms)

Re: [FT] Varient fighter question

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 06:45:50 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Varient fighter question

Charles Stanley Taylor wrote:

>It's not particularly clear what happens when interceptor fighters
>engage Heavy fighters.

It is IMO quite clear. Heavy fighters ignore all results of "4". For
Interceptors you can do this either by ignoring the dice that actually
came up with "4" or the dice that came up "3" and is modified up to
"4", but not both. It doesn't matter which since either way the
"heaviness" saves 1 casualty, though in analogy with the "Attack vs
Screen" case I prefer the latter.

>Of for that matter, when Attack or Torpedo fighters engage Heavy
>fighters.

Again it's quite clear: Heavy fighters ignore all rolls of "4", Attack
and Torp fighters only hit on "6", so they're unaffected - ie., the
difference made by the "heaviness" is too small to represent on a D6
roll.

>Likewise its not particularly clear what hapens when an Attack fighter
>ttacks a screened ship. The updated varient fighter rules in Fleet
Book
> state "When engaging other ships, however, the Attack fighters add 1
>to all their die rolls, ie: if firing on an un-screened target ship
they
>would inflict 1 Damage Point with rolls of 3 or 4, and 2 DP with 5 or
>6."
>
>From this I conclude that the effects are that you count the actual
dice
>rolled as if it had rolled one higher than its actual roll, but still
>only re-roll on an actual 6 on the dice, thus:

Exactly.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Mini Related Questions and More Thrust Missiles Next: Re: Bugs! (and other alien life forms)