Next: Re: [OT] Looking for our GZGverse Japanese faction

To Dave and Andy: Re: Mini Related Questions

From: devans@u...
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 15:32:51 -0500
Subject: To Dave and Andy: Re: Mini Related Questions

Oh well, fools rush in...

Please note this is based, not on actual knowledge, but the fact my last
set of stupid comments actually seemed to help:

***
1) Last year at Bifrost ('99) I bought a load of what were called
'em-bug's,
bearing absolutely no similarity to the Starship Troopers (film) bugs at
all
*ahem*. Since I got these from the GZG stall I assumed that the 'e'
stood
for Eureka but I can't find these on his site, does anyone know where I
can
get more or will there be some at Bifrost this year?
I mean 25mm and don't mean either of the 3 bugs in the GZG catalogue

2) I am informed that at a convention last weekend (in the UK) there was
game using these bug figures (possibly) and also using at least one big
tanker bug, anyone know where the big bug came from?
***

GZG has it's own not-STT Bugs; I'm not sure if Paul has a pic on the
site
or not.

Could the tanker bugs have been Galoob? I've seen 'em in three different
sizes, and can fit into gaming quite well.

***
Are there any pictures of the OUDF power armored troops?  If so let me
know
where I can find them.

Also what scale of models do you folks use with the SGII series of
miniatures?  Is 1/48th scale best?
***

Ok, now you've done it! If you're going to rekindle holy wars, you are
RIGHT OUT OF HERE!!!

*heh heh*

Actually, I think 'true 25mm' is closer to 1/64th, though certain
apostates
on this list will claim 1/72th or 1/48th. On the other hand, if your
tanks
have to be Evil Empire(tm) steel behemouths, go for 1/35th. A WWII
German
AFV, say an sp-gun or, my favorite, a Maus, can be made into a truly
horrifying monstrosity.

Watch a Baneblade tuck tail and run! ;->=

The_Beast

-Douglas J. Evans, curmudgeon

One World, one Web, one Program - Microsoft promotional ad
Ein Volk, ein Reich, ein Fuhrer - Adolf Hitler

Next: Re: [OT] Looking for our GZGverse Japanese faction