Prev: RE: Asymetric ships Next: [OT] Looking for our GZGverse Japanese faction

ordering from our various distributors

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2000 10:06:49 -0400
Subject: ordering from our various distributors

Jon T (GZG UK): Great guy, good service. My only complaint (and it is a
small one) is with some of the older moulds not yet remanufactured. But
that's a totally minor beef. Otherwise, fantastic. And of course, the
originator and only distributor of a number of items.

Nic R (Eureka Oz): Great guy, good service. My experiences with Nic have
involved rapid turn around times and excellent service. Plus the Aussies
have come up with some neat bits I don't think anyone else makes yet
(esp
vehicles) but shipping resins can be un-cheap. Fantastic service and I
think
the work they're doing on the pirates stuff is tres cool too.

KR (GeoHex USA): Great guy, even more awesome in person. Good service.
I've
ordered orders as large as $1000 Cdn and never had a problem (though
that
one ran afoul of Customs... %$#!!! - not KR's fault... Cdn Customs tends
ignore small orders....but apparently not large ones). Service was
pretty
fast and the GeoHex terrain system is the Cadillac of terrains! And on
the
plus side, KR has helped me out at GZG-ECC (helping me get ready/put on
Grey
Day To Die with Los last year) and shared some great insights. Great
guy,
very easy to deal with.

Tony (Brigade Models): Not an official distributor, but manufacturer of
too
much cool stuff to ignore. The NI stuff is just brilliant and their
not-StarWars stuff is cool too. Easy to deal with, good service.

In short, having ordered from all four of these folks, I'd highly
recommend
any of them. I deal with each according to what I'm looking for at the
time
(for example, KR has some great prices on FT ships, Nic has a good way
of
letting you order SG2 figs individually by code, and Jon just has some
super
cool stuff that is taking a while to make it across the sea into
production)
and depending on exchange rates (the value of the Cdn Peso). I cannot
fault
any of them, and I suspect credit card is the easiest way to do
business.
Shipping is variable in cost depending on where its going and what you
are
getting (Resin heavy.... says the guy who ordered an interface lander
for
SG2).

I've also dealt with Ainsty and bought Ventaurians for SG2 (Zhodani like
figs). They too were easy to deal with.

My advice after years of spending and ordering: If your local
distributor is
good, shop there. If you have any problems, go straight to the source.
Apparently the distributor network across North America has been a bit
of a
hash in the last few years, and I don't know if that is clearing up. So
go
straight to the maker, get a good price, and know you'll get what you
asked
for or they'll make it right.

Thomas.

Prev: RE: Asymetric ships Next: [OT] Looking for our GZGverse Japanese faction