Prev: Re: Asymetric ships Next: Re: Asymetric ships

re: Re: [DS2]: mini pics

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 10:18:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: re: Re: [DS2]: mini pics

On Mon, 2 Oct 2000, David Reeves wrote:
> comments inserted below
>
> > From: Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
> > On Fri, 29 Sep 2000, David Reeves wrote:
> > > everyone,
> > >
> > > i am looking for pics of Adler Dark Star 6mm fig and buildings as
well as
> > > the Irregular mini 6mm pics.  i'm looking to expand my DS2 armies,
but th
> > > web sites where they are sold have very few pics.
> > >
> > > can you point me to those you know of, so i can check them out?
> >
> > The detail of the actual minis isn't great, but the DS2 photos I've
got at
> > <http://warbard.iwarp.com/ds2gallery.html> have Irregular tanks in
them -
> > the big, big hovertanks in one of the photos...
>
> when you refer to the lack detail, do you mean the Adler Dark Star
minis or
> the Irregular minis, or both?  is the lack of detail noticable 2-3
feet
> away or just up close?

Sorry - fuzzy phrasing there. I meant to say that the photos aren't the
best, if all you're interested in is the Irregular hovertanks.

The Irregular minis are decent, and they paint up nicely, but they've
far
less detail than the GZG 6mm stuff. At tabletop distances, it's less
noticable, of course. (Main problem with my Irreg stuff is that they
need
stripping and repainting...) I haven't got any of the Dark Star/Adler
vehicles, but I've got a couple of terrain pieces from the same line and
the detail seems very nice.

> > I'll stick some of my Irregular 6mm stuff in front of the camera
next time
> > I take minis photos, but that'll be a couple of weeks away, at
least.

> i'll check out the pics that you currently have.  let me know when to
look
> again for the irregular stuff -- no rush.  i still have B5 Fleet
Action
> minis to mount and paint for my FT B5 universe....

If you don't have too many minis to deal with at any one time, you're
doing something wrong! It's hard to have too much lead and pewter around
the place... I'll keep you posted on the Irregular closeups.

> thanks brian!

You're welcome.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: Asymetric ships Next: Re: Asymetric ships