Prev: RE: [FT] various subsystems (arc specific armor) Next: Re: [FT] various subsystems (alien)

RE: [FT] various subsystems (alien)

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:39:34 -0400
Subject: RE: [FT] various subsystems (alien)

Has anyone play-tested Plasma Shields for Phalon?
Uses existing Plasma launchers but only does 1 point
of damage per class if a ship, fighter, or missile run
into/through it. Has the same range and area of effect
as normal plasma launched through the plasma
launchers.
However, it will also blocks shots that trace line of
sight (LOS) through it (prevents FCS from locking
onto the Phalon ship). The Plasma Shield acts as if it
has a number of hull boxes equal to its class.
It is not subject to PDS fire. But is vulnerable to fighter
and normal weapons fire. Each Plasma Shield must
be targeted separately.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net