Prev: Re: [FT] various subsystems Next: Re: [DS] looking for a 6mm air/raft

Re: [FT] various subsystems

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 18:14:20 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] various subsystems

> That one was supposed to be an *offensive* weapon, not a
*defensive*
> one :-/
>
> The one I was thinking of worked exactly like a BJ - it looked
like a
> valid target for the missiles, so if it was the "nearest
target" the
> entire salvo went for it instead.

>SV ECM pod

That's why I didn't notice it, I mostly ignored that discussion.
  So what would it look like for Human tech?  How about call it a
MTM with radar beacon instead of warhead?  It wouldn't have to
stick around and protect the launching ship, could be assigned to
"escort" as if a fighter (ie the launch turn it would maneuver to
the other ship, then two turns escorting before its endurance
ended).
  Of course, fighters could knock it down pretty easily.  But if
there aren't any fighters around, is this too powerful against
SMR?

Prev: Re: [FT] various subsystems Next: Re: [DS] looking for a 6mm air/raft