Prev: Re: [FT] Building FT306 Next: Re: [FT] Building FT306

Re: [FT] various subsystems

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 05:53:23 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] various subsystems

> "Barclay, Tom" wrote:
>
> > The first I call (after the CarWars inspiration)
> > component armour. Which is to say, rather than
> > general superstructure armour, particular armour
> > for a particular subsystem.

Actually, what I want is "limited arc coverage" for screens and
armor.

For screens, I'd say 3% (minimum 2Mass) would give you 2 arc
coverage.  They can overlap, so you could have one set for FS/F
and another for F/FP; fire coming in from the F arc would then
hit Screen-2.

I haven't figured out a resonable way to make fractional-coverage
armor, though.

Prev: Re: [FT] Building FT306 Next: Re: [FT] Building FT306