Prev: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: RE: Mil vs. Civ

Re: Tech Level Differences

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:06:18 +0100
Subject: Re: Tech Level Differences

On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, you wrote:
> Although the addition or subtraction of mass for a system or the
leaving of
> a few percent of waste space is one way to represent inefficient
design, it
> comes up lacking in one or two particulars.
>
> One way it falls short is that their are qualitative differences
between
> technology levels. It isn't just that a modern missile system is
lighter
> for the same effective punch, it also probably has more range. And the
> sensor suite backing it up, in addition to being smaller, is far more
> sensitive.

One thing I'm experimenting with at the moment is changing the
number needed for roll-ups. A high tech beam weapon for example,
would rollup on a 5 or 6, rather than just a 6.

--
Be seeing you,		 --- Roleplaying and Wargaming -----------------
Sam.			 http://www.bifrost.demon.co.uk/games/index.html

Prev: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign Next: RE: Mil vs. Civ