Prev: Re: Mil vs. Civ Next: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign

Re: Mil vs. Civ

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 21:47:21 -0600
Subject: Re: Mil vs. Civ

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2000, Laserlight wrote:
>
>> > Weapons and/or defenses shouldn't necessarily be different,
>> save that only
>> > the military gets to play with the BIG stuff. ;->=
>>
>> In Alarishi space, the Imperial Fleet requests that people
>> refrain from using Beam-3's or higher, or salvo missiles.  Some
>> people install them anyway.	Jack Old Ron is an example, but he's
>> noted as being a little, um, emphatic about his privacy.  Anyway,
>> if you install them, you're listed as a navigational hazard.
>
>No Beam-3 or *higher*? The Alarishi government clearly doesn't follow
>'monopoly on force' the way most governments do - must be interesting
>sometimes.
>
>I'd imagine that most governments would list you as more than a
>navigational hazard if you installed shipkiller weaponry on your vessel
or
>installation...
>
>Just an observation,
>
>Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
>- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

"Installation" is the operative word in this case;
it's on Jack Old Ron's asteroid "homestead".

Reminds me of the fighter jock who thought it'd be a
lark to see how close he could get to Jack Old Ron's
place in an experimental stealthed fighter. Which he
did *NOT* have permission to take outside the secure
test zone.

No chance of any fragments getting into the wrong hands!
And the wake was one hell of a party.  8-)

The Reynolds Consortium grounded the other FJs who helped
set up the "experiment" for 6 months. Had to let up when
two of them emmigrated; can't afford to lose them.  ;-)

- Sam
Samuel Reynolds
Full Thrust at Spinward Stars: http://www.spinwardstars.com/ft/
Gamer's Gallery at Spinward Stars:
http://www.spinwardstars.com/ggallery/
Armageddon Outfitter: http://www.primenet.com/~reynol/gaming/war/ao/
reynol@primenet.com, samuel_reynolds@csgsystems.com

Prev: Re: Mil vs. Civ Next: [FT] Matrix Game Full Thrust Campaign