Prev: Tech Level Differences Next: Re: Tech Level Differences

RE: Tech Level Differences

From: "David Rodemaker" <dar@h...>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2000 12:13:28 -0500
Subject: RE: Tech Level Differences

> What does this mean? Lower tech in FT (and to one extent or another in
DS2
> and SG2) ought to be reflected in a way that represents varying
> capacities,
> not just heavier (for oldtech) or more costly (for newtech) systems.
>
> Things such as
>	- reduced or increased range
>	- reduced or increased efficacy (damage for weapons...)
>	- reduced capability (slower launch rates for fighters, lower
thrust
> for engines).

I agree. IMC we have "disruptors" for example which are identical to
normal
beams except that screens are twice as effective vs. them. These
represent
the "original" technology and are in fact the only legal beam tech that
non-military ships can mount... I also use old vs. new versions of the
Pulse-Torps & Needle Beams in the same manner in addition to other
home-brew
items.

David

Prev: Tech Level Differences Next: Re: Tech Level Differences