Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis

RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 12:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

On Mon, 18 Sep 2000, Thomas Pope wrote:

> > > a) flock base with sand or fine saw dust
> >
> > Does that mean "paint base with white glue and then pour sand
> > on it"?  Or is there some better technique?
>
> I sometimes use paint to stick the flock/sand/whatever on, but in this
case
> I think thinned (I use 50/50 with water) white glue and sand would
work
> quite well.

I use 50/50 white glue/water for sticking flock, sand and similar down -
works better than paint does. For really bombproof coverage (I use this
on
my hills) paint glue/water mix onto the surface, cover in flock, let
this
sit for a couple of minutes. Then gently tap the excess flock off and,
using an eyedropper or similar, soak the whole thing in glue/water mix
again and let it dry overnight.

The flock comes out as tough as sandpaper, but it still looks like
grass.
Same thing for sand and small gravel.

Brian - yh728@victoria.tc.ca -
- http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -

Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis