Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: Samuel Reynolds <reynol@p...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 11:02:19 -0600
Subject: RE: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

At 12:44 PM 9/18/00 -0400, you wrote:
> > > a) flock base with sand or fine saw dust
> >
> > Does that mean "paint base with white glue and then pour sand
> > on it"?  Or is there some better technique?
>
>I sometimes use paint to stick the flock/sand/whatever on, but in this
case
>I think thinned (I use 50/50 with water) white glue and sand would work
>quite well.
>
>Tom

I use a 1:1:1 paint:and white ("tacky") glue:water mix with a
tiny bit of dish soap to reduce surface tension (I keep a 1 oz
sqeeze bottle with 1 small drop of soap, and add 1 drop from
the bottle to the paint/glue mix). But it's basically "paint
the base and pour flock/sand/tea-leaves/whatever on it."
When it's dry I may drip a little 50:50 water:white glue on
top to fix it. I also paint the base with a base color before
flocking, because the paint/glue/water mix may not be opaque.

- Sam

Prev: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG) Next: Re: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)