Prev: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis

[Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 22:31:09 -0400
Subject: [Minis] AE (NSL) PA (SG)

(That was as many acronyms as I could comfortably fit in).

In an amazing feat of high speed work, I have painted the four
SG2 powered armor troopers I bought JUST LAST WEEK !!!	(Consider
that I still have IF ships from April not even assembled
yet--heck, I've got Later Crusaders which are still in the
package from several years ago).

The difficulty with most camouflage I've seen on minis is that it
has hard edges.  This looks good, but it isn't really good camo.
So here's what I did:
a. Prime with dark grey primer
b. Wash the figure in white
b. Use a felt tip marker to apply dazzle pattern
c. Wash the whole figure in white again, repeating if needed
d. Carefully apply a black wash to deep joints
e. Apply faceplate and unit markings with pen
The result is a weathered, faded looking figure, about the color
of wet cinderblock with a fuzzy disruptive pattern a bit
darker--certainly not the most striking paint job I've done, but
that's the point.

All the mini's I've completed have been ships, though, so now I
need to figure out what to do with the bases.  Suggestions?

(By the way--the troopies are a pair of APW and a pair of Plasma
Gunners, all NSL armor because that's what Alarish prefers.
<vbg> Jon's sculpting is down to his usual infuriating quality
levels--I did need to file a mold line from one helmet and I used
a drill to adjust the starboard shoulder joints to my
satisfaction, but there wasn't enough flash to make a spare
backpack from and my file time was under thirty seconds, so I was
disappointed once again </vbg>)

Prev: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis