Prev: Re: New Ogre Mini Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis

Re: New Ogre Mini

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 21:26:29 -0400
Subject: Re: New Ogre Mini

At 07:48 PM 9/17/00 -0400, you wrote:
>At 15:52 2000-09-17 -0500, you wrote:
>>Here's a pic of a new Combine LGEV miniature for Steve Jackson's Ogre
game:
>>http://sjgames.com/ogre/
>>
>>Can't wait to see more.  When I talked with SJG employees at GenCon,
they
>>said to expect new stuff to be available around October / November
this
>>year.
>>
>>Now I need to finish my suggestions for DSII updates...
>>
>>Mike
>

>I hope the prototype is not to scale. The light GEV looked like a size
4
>vehicle in DS2 terms (judging by the woodgrain in the photo).

It's not quite *that* big.  I have a few of these guys; SJG is using the
original Partha molds, and it's about equal to a size 3 vehicle.  It's
only
slightly smaller than the NON-Light GEV, but I think that it looks
pretty
damned good.  And they are even better painted.

According to the casting page, they're going to be selling them:
"...in two formats; large Boxed Sets which will include rules, maps, and
playable armies, and small 'Company Packs' which will include organized
units of one nationality, based on TO&Es we'll be publishing.

"The Boxed Sets and Company Packs will be packaged in plastic carrying
cases (video boxes) similar to those used for some of our game products,
with foam inserts. As each Set or Pack is released, its individual
vehicles
(without packaging) will become available through Warehouse 23. For
November, we'll be releasing a Boxed Set with a Combine Army and a
Paneuropean Mk III Ogre (it's easy to tell them apart; the PE Ogres
speak
with an English accent). That same month will see the debut of two
Company
Packs: the Ogre Mk V and the Combine Heavy Armor Company."

I like what they are doing with the Ogres -- they are selling them with
extra secondary batteries, to replace ones that get lost over the course
of
play, and with an extra tower mounted on a seperate base, to represent a
submerged Ogre.

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: New Ogre Mini Next: Re: New DP9 Ship Minis