Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [FT] - A couple more stange ideas

Re: small vs large ships

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 10:22:53 -0400
Subject: Re: small vs large ships

> > Subject: Re: Salvo missile escalation
> >
> >  Yes, but I will take three thousand points of small ships
and beat your
> >  three thousand point ship any day. Numbers, as with SML's
and fighters are
> > big.

This can work, if you have _lots_ more ships than your opponent
has firecons. Let's say he has one 3000 ship with five FCS.  If
you bring, say, 60 ships at 50 points each, then you can only
lose 5 per turn, and perhaps you can whittle him down faster than
he can kill your ships.

Of course, the next time you play, he's likely to put 20-30 FCS
on his Dreadplanet.

Prev: Re: small vs large ships Next: Re: [FT] - A couple more stange ideas