Prev: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles... Next: Grav Vehicles & Grey Day (2 for the price of 1!)

Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

From: Glenn m wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:12:10 EDT
Subject: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles...

On Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:33:55 -0400 Brian Bell <bkb@beol.net> writes:
>At 15:28 2000-09-13 -0700, you wrote:
>> > DS does have rules for air dropped deployment.  For vehicles this
>is
>> limited
>> > to size 1 & 2, IIRC.
>>
>>Plus, for that matter, if you wanted to go with Battletech style
>games,
>>there's nothing stopping you from just plain deciding that you can
>drop
>>just about anything with legs from orbit as long as you have a "drop
>capsule"
>>of some sort around it to soften the landing.
>>--
>>=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
>>  The Stilt Man		 stiltman@teleport.com
>
>I will have to pull out the source material, but I thought that
>the drop capsule provided protection against atmospheric
>abrasion (i.e. the heat of reentry) and the Mech's had to have
>Jump Jets or a disposable "jump pack" to slow descent once in
>the lower atmosphere.
>
>I like the current DS2 system:
>Orbital Drop: Power Armor and size 1 Mechs
>Atmospheric Drop: All Infantry and size 1 & 2 vehicles.

Where does it say size 2?  I'd love that.  The only non-walker vehicles
addressed at all on page 43,  under Drop Troops is size 1.  I have the
book in front of me.  Size 2+ requires an interface lander or dropship.

>Assault Lander: Depends on the size of the Assault Lander
>		  I suggested limiting the size of Assault
>		  Landers to no larger than size 5.

Yes, quite!

>Drop Ships: Anything. But I would suggest that it needs
>	      a Landing Field (reason for small unit action).
>	      Dropships would either use oversize vehicle
>	      rules or be outside the construction rules.

The killer (pun intended) is Interface Landers (I.L.) unload the turn
they land, and dropships land and unload in the following activation.
MAK arty during the next activation anyone?

Gracias, Triphibious/Glenn
Triphibious Marines = Nektons.
Not all Frogs are French, or even Human!
Nektons, be all the Marine you can be!
Resistance is EVERYTHING!

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Prev: Re: DSII: Parachute deployed vehicles... Next: Grav Vehicles & Grey Day (2 for the price of 1!)