Prev: Re: Where to buy J.U.M.P.: Into the Unknown Next: Re: Where to buy J.U.M.P.: Into the Unknown

Re: [OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!

From: Allan Goodall <awg@s...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 12:06:08 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!

On Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:52:00 -0400, "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@bitheads.com>
wrote:

>If it seems like a good idea, maybe someone (okay I spoke first...)
could
>look into it.

It sounds like a good idea, Tom!

I have an FT page as part of my site that I need content for. I have the
GenCon tournament rules up there, as well as Fleet Book errata. It would
seem
a logical place for it. Also, no banner ads! I pay C$5 a month for 5 MB
of
space, but it's an additional C$0.05 per MB (you read it right... 5
cents a
month per extra meg) so I have access to a lot of nice, banner free
space.

I'd like to have an idea if people are interested before I started
setting
anything up. Is this something people want?

What info would we want/allow up there? Obviously privacy would be
important,
so nothing would be required, but I think some sort of address
information
(geographic location), an idea of the players' preferred GZG, a short
bio, and
link to their own web pages would be a good starting point. Would we
want/allow pictures (I have the space...)?

Of course, if someone else wants to take this over, fine by me! But I
think
it's a good idea and I have the resources.

Allan Goodall		       awg@sympatico.ca

Prev: Re: Where to buy J.U.M.P.: Into the Unknown Next: Re: Where to buy J.U.M.P.: Into the Unknown