Prev: Re: any SF Bay people interested in Starship demo? Next: Re: [OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!

[OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!

From: "Barclay, Tom" <tomb@b...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 01:52:00 -0400
Subject: [OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!

Hi all

You know, Laserlight made a good point (what I expect from Chris, even
with
sympathies to the South of Mason-Dixon...*wink*) about the list being a
tad
daunting to its newest members. Here's an idea....

Why don't we (the body of the list) who want people to understand our
backgrounds use the wonderful tool known as the World Wide Web to create
web page with a brief Bio of the listmembers.

This could serve multifold purposes:

1) it could be refererenced in the intro mail that all of us get when we
sign on --> and it would give someone new a context for who they are
talking

2) it could be of great interest even to existing list members who want
learn more about their fellows

3) it could provide another player location device (though I'd still
have it
link to the Player Location Page)

What do you think? GoodIidea? Bad Idea? Waste of Time?

If it seems like a good idea, maybe someone (okay I spoke first...)
could
look into it. In general, I think it would mean sending out one brief
suggestion on the types of info sought (generally things like games you
play, experience in the gaming or game design field, age perhaps, maybe
what
your alter-ego does in the non-Tuffleyverse). Then of course, the victim
(volunteer) would take this info, format it up nicely, and post it all
on
said web page.

So? What say you, brethren and sistren? Or is this another
TomFlightOfFantasy(tm)?

Thomas R. S. Barclay
Voice: (613) 722-3232 ext 349
e-mail: tomb@bitheads.com

Prev: Re: any SF Bay people interested in Starship demo? Next: Re: [OT] - Hmmm... an idea has sprouted!!!